Class is in session. This is where students and staff leave their street shoes before entering the classroom area. There is a very specific shoe etiquette here. You must take your street shoes off before entering homes, some restaurants, offices, or classrooms. It is okay to have a clean pair of shoes or slippers that are only worn as indoor shoes. Every once in a while, I break the shoe etiquette and wear my shoes in my apartment but NEVER in the school! I think it's probably grounds for dismissal. (I'm serious about that!)To get from the classrooms to the teachers' office, you have to pass through a hallway in which street shoes must be worn. From the classroom, you put your shoes back on, walk about 20 feet, take your shoes back off, and enter the office. Many people step down on the backs of their shoes and wear them all as slip-ons. Cobblers and shoe stores have a good business here in Korea!

No comments:
Post a Comment