Saturday, September 02, 2006

Way to Go, September!

Sunrise, as seen from my 11th floor apartment, 6:13 AM.

Click on the photo to make it larger. Wow, September!

12 comments:

Jane Newton said...

Why were you up at 6:13?

E.M. Herbert said...

The light from this sunrise came pouring through the window and landed right on my sleeping face!

I do tend to get up a lot earlier here, though. I go hiking/jogging for about 2 hours most mornings. I'm preparing for a big 4-day hike across a national park in the beginning of October.

Jane Newton said...

You are very brave...I think you are too ambitious....Mike will probably agree with me. 2 hours every morning, why? That's really valuable sleeping time Miss Ellen

Jane Newton said...

I'm just seeing if my picture shows up, I finally figured out how to put it on my blog, but I'm not sure if it shows up....

Mike said...

I do agree with Jane. I don't think two hours of sleeping can be beat by anything. I have 8 am econ. tuesdays and thursdays after which i promptly go back to my room and take 2 hours naps.

E.M. Herbert said...

In college, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning and then slept in as late as possible, dragging myself out of bed about 15 minutes before my first class (45 minutes when I moved to Galena and had to factor in travel time to Dubuque). I really can't do that anymore. No matter what time I go to bed, I wake up between 6 and 7. It's a rare day when I sleep in until 8:00 anymore.

Mike, when are you going to start your "first year of college" blog? Or is it already set up and I just don't know about it? I want to know what's going on!!

Jane, good to see your smiling face on here!

Jane Newton said...

I told you Mke would agree with me (he always does if he knows what's good for him) I actually woke up at 6 this morning because I usually wake up at 6 because fo school, but I wasn't going to school today because I was sick. But I went back to bed at 8:34 and when I woke up it was 5 p.m. Not too shabby of a nap if I do say so myself.
Thanks Ellen, I like seeing your face too!

Jane Newton said...

I was mistaken, It's not 5 p.m. it's 9:30. Man, I am so confused right now, it's not even funny! So I guess it wasn't that great of a nap.

E.M. Herbert said...

Go easy on the cold medicines, Jane! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

EMbert's getting old! EMbert's getting old! Na na nana na. You're starting to keep granny hours, girl!

E.M. Herbert said...

Aadi, as I say to my kindergartners, "that's enough of that!" Besides, you're not that far behind me.

Anonymous said...

I may not be far behind you, but I will always be younger! Ha!