Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been another busy week. How can it possibly be Wednesday night already? I went out with my friends Tuesday evening after work. Joy's daughter Chloe came along with her mini Polaroid camera, so we took a couple fun shots.

First, here I am with Joy and Catherine.

And here with Catherine and Mark.

Earlier this week I did a little scavenger hunt around Seoul and put together Valentine's Day goody bags with foreign candy for Joy, Catherine, and Chloe. Here are Joy and Catherine with their goodies. The photo was their idea. (Admire my bulletin boards in the background.)
I like holidays because they're a great excuse to do art projects. I love art projects, aside from the fact that my classroom looks like a natural disaster area by the end of the day. Here are some of my angels showing off their Valentine's butterflies.

Working hard or hardly working? It's hard to tell.

In other news, I went back to the endodontist on Tuesday. My tooth still hasn't healed enough to finish the work that needs to be done, but most of the time, it feels fine these days. I go back again in two weeks. 19 appointments: $84.31.

This weekend is Seolnal, the Lunar New Year, which is one of the biggest holidays in Korea. Catherine has invited me to go with her to her parents' house in the far southern part of the country and spend the holiday with them. It'll be new territory for me. I'm excited about seeing another part of the country and also getting an inside look at a Korean holiday.

The bad news is that I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. It's no surprise because it's been going around for about a week and a half now. I've also had a couple students come down with pink eye this week. It has me disinfecting the tables, chairs, scissors, glue sticks, crayons, doorknobs, and everything else in the classroom that is touched by small hands.

No comments: