Thursday, June 14, 2007

Super Students

It's been a busy week here. I'm adjusting to my new apartment. I'm not finished cleaning, and I still haven't put everything away, but I'm making progress. It's been another insanely busy week at school, but my little students always bring me great joy. Here are some photos from Wednesday.We're working on a health unit in a few of my classes. The kids said "My (arm, hand, head, leg, etc.) hurts!" and I made toilet paper bandages for them. The kids thought it was fantastic, and I got pretty good at wrapping arms and wrists, but I don't think a career in pediatrics is in my future. Here are my very cute patients.

10 comments:

Brian said...

Your students are so COOL! I like the idea that got excited about your health class. Good job teacher! Great pics of the excited little faces.

E.M. Herbert said...

I think my students are pretty cool, too. I love to see their little faces light up when they think something is funny. Unfortunately, I'm usually far too busy to take pictures during class time, so every once in a while, I have to make an effort to do that. Glad you enjoy their smiling faces as much as I do!

Jane Newton said...

Why didn't we do cool stuff like that during youth group????

E.M. Herbert said...

Surely you're joking! We did tons of cool stuff!

Jane Newton said...

I could have been VERY creative with this game...you should have tried it...

E.M. Herbert said...

Okay, Jane. The next time I see you, you can demonstrate for me your amazing toilet paper prowess!

Jane Newton said...

No, I mean, I could have been very creative as to telling you what hurt!

E.M. Herbert said...

I'm afraid to ask, Jane, but I'll do it anyway. What hurts?

(By the way, I did teach the kids "My bottom hurts." They think it's hilarious.)

Jane Newton said...

Today, a lot of things hurt...but more specifically...
My left kidney, the tendon in my left ankle, the tip of my right elbow, just the inside of my right ear, my bottom and, of course, my hairline.
Thank you doctor Ellen, I know you'll do what you can.

E.M. Herbert said...

Sorry to tell you this, Jane. But I think amputation is the only option.