About a month ago, my friend Catherine told me about "Doctor Fish," small fish that eat the dead skin from your feet. Since then I've heard about them five or six times but hadn't given it a try until tonight. It sounded too unique to miss, so when H-k suggested tonight that we check out a new cafe that has doctor fish, I more than enthusiastically agreed.
It was a really strange sensation--somewhere between a tickle and a scratch. They all swarm around your feet and nibble away. H-k joked that they seem to like "ethnic food," meaning American feet, for a change.
Here are some pictures.


8 comments:
These fish look a little like those dried little guys we eat with the rice and kimchee... Hmmm, guess that would exxplaain the smell of those little buggers on the table..
Cheers!
Cool! I want to try that. if I'm ever in Korea, I'll put that down on my to-do list :D
Ok, well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THURSDAY!!!!!
moose, I like those little dried fish, but you're right--they do smell fishy! Surprisingly, my feet did not smell any more fishy than usual after the soak, and I definitely checked because I was curious!
Jane, when you come to Korea, I'll definitely take you! It's very close to where I live and inexpensive and just one of the weirdest sensations imaginable. So let me know when you have your plane ticket. And thanks for the early birthday greetings!
With 9 weekends of doing the Maryland Renaissance faire behind me, the fish sound like the most welcome gift! As soon as I catch up on the Beijing entries I'll email you; but at first glance the pictures look wonderful!
Hi Katie! Good to hear from you. 9 weekends of renaissance faire? You must be exhausted! So come visit, and I'll take you to see the little fish. They actually made my skin raw and a little sore in a couple places, but it was still a cool experience. I hope you're well!
Shoot, I missed this one when we visited Korea!
That is definately something to try when I am in Korea next time!
Post a Comment