Saturday, November 03, 2007

Zapped

This week has been a blur. I stayed home from school on Monday and felt too miserable to do anything. I didn't read, didn't watch tv, didn't even sleep. I just sat on my couch and wrapped myself up in a pretty pink shawl that my new friends S and B, whom I met in North Korea in September, gave me for my birthday.

On Tuesday I went back to school. I taught my morning classes, but H-k taught my afternoon classes, and I just helped out. I was really beat at the end of the day. I went home at 7:00 and was sound asleep by 8:00. I only woke up twice in 12 hours! On Wednesday I taught my morning classes. H-k taught two of my afternoon classes, and I taught the other two. On Thursday and Friday, I taught all of my classes by myself.

I had a follow up appointment with the doctor on Friday. H-k gave me a ride, and we had to leave here by 6 AM, which was not a lot of fun. They did blood tests and chest xrays. The doctor said there's a lot of improvement but still some sign of infection, so I'm not supposed to exert myself for another two weeks, and I'm supposed to keep pumping fluids. It's frustrating because I want to be better NOW. The fall colors are at their peak now--beautiful yellows, oranges, and reds--and I want to be on top of the mountains. I know not to overdo it, however. I don't want this bug coming back. I was actually starting to feel close to normal on Friday, but I'm feeling really lethargic and just generally ill again today. No plans for the weekend except staying warm and sleeping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are on the road to recovery! Just follow the doctor's orders as hard as it may be. Hopefully the leaves will hang on for just a bit longer.