Sunday, March 05, 2006

Dr. Kim took us all out for lunch this afternoon. They feed us very well, and Korean food is excellent! (30 days down and I still like kimchi!) After lunch, we went to the dedication of a new youth center that the church is opening here in town, complete with not one but six ping-pong tables! Then I came home and slept until the evening church service. They had a Korean Air Force chaplain as a guest speaker at the evening service and an outstanding choir from the air force. Apparently there is a Korean air base close to here because they fly big military planes very, very low over town every now and then. The first time I saw them, it scared me. It looked for all the world like the plane was going to fly right into the apartment building across the street from the school. The windows rattle and the floors shake when the planes fly over. They do all kinds of fancy loops and turns, which is neat, but I can't quite get used to how low they fly right over town!

That's really all the news from here. I start on my own in my classes tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

No comments: