Thursday, March 02, 2006

Independence Movement Day

We had the day off yesterday for a holiday (Independence Movement Day), so I took a train Wednesday morning to Cheonan (pop. 450,000), a city about an hour away by train. Cheonan has a movie theater that shows foreign films. I ate an early lunch and then went to the movie theater. I didn't really have choice of which movie to see since the only English-language movie during the day was "Wedding Crashers." The movie itself was pretty bad, but it was something to do. Then I ate an early dinner and had to catch the train back to Sapkyo for the Wesneday evening church service. It was a really nice time--so good to get out of town for a while. It gets a little overwhelming for this introvert to do so much with the group. The five of us missionary teachers are together Monday through Friday at school and then Sunday for church (which is all day except for a few hours in the afternoon), and we frequently get invited places as a group. It was just so nice to get away from it all for several hours.

No comments: